The information available on or through this web site is intended to provide general information and/or guidance only. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information available on this web site; however it should not be used as a substitute for legal or other professional advice.
Specific information relating to Māori Land is summarised from the Māori Land Court Information System and has been approved for release by the Chief Registrar of the Māori Land Court pursuant to rule 7.21(1) of the Māori Land Court Rules 2011 and in accordance with section 127 of Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993.
In all cases this information is not accompanied by a state guarantee and to ensure accuracy users need to verify the information against the records held by the Māori Land Court and the corresponding title information issued under the Land Transfer Act 1952 by Land Information New Zealand.
This web site is not a legal document and provides only a summary of the data currently available.
Those accessing this web site are further advised that:
- The Ministry of Justice makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, completeness or use of any information that is available on or through this web site, nor represents that its use would not infringe on privately owned rights;
- The Ministry of Justice may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this web site at any time without notice;
- The Ministry of Justice is not responsible for the content of other web sites linked to, or referenced from, this web site. The Ministry of Justice neither endorses the information, content, presentation, or accuracy of such other web sites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other web sites;
- Nothing contained on this web site is, or shall be relied on as a promise or representation by the New Zealand government or the Ministry of Justice as to the past or future;
- The contents of this web site should not be construed as legal, business or tax advice and visitors to this web site should take specific advice from qualified professional people before undertaking any action following information received from this web site;
- Any reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by the New Zealand government or the Ministry of Justice;
- The Ministry of Justice makes no representation that this website complies with laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside New Zealand. If you access this website from outside New Zealand, you do so on your own responsibility and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located;
- Some content on this website does not display macrons in official geographic names due to technical limitations. A list of official geographic names with macrons is available on the New Zealand Geographic Board (Ngā Pou Taunaha o Aotearoa) website;
- Some content on this website utilises software licensed to the Ministry of Justice by Google Incorporated and its use is covered by the Google Maps/Earth Terms of Service; and
- Each page on this web site must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of it.
You may create hypertext links to this website. If you do this, you:
- Acknowledge that you are responsible for all direct or indirect consequences of the hypertext link; and
- Agree that the Ministry of Justice and the Māori Land Court are not responsible for any loss, damage, liability, costs or expense you may incur for creating or maintaining the hypertext link.
In addition the Ministry of Justice and the Māori Land Court do not guarantee that any hypertext link you create to this website will continue to be available beyond the time at which you create that link.